Redhawks looking to serve Rangers with a loss

Maddie Owns

The tennis team is still looking to get their first District 9-5A win, after coming off a lose against Reedy. The team travels to Lonestar to take on the Rangers at 4:00 P.M.

Harley Classe, Assistant Sports Editor

Hoping for their first win, the Redhawk tennis team takes on the Rangers in a District 9-5A match Friday at 4:00p.m. at Lone Star High School.

“I’m pretty sure we will win against Lone Star,” sophomore Morgan Mowery said via text. “I think our team’s strengths in the last match is some of the returning players stepping up as leaders and our weakness was that we need to work on tiebreakers. I felt the match went okay but we had some unfortunate losses. To prepare for Friday’s match we are working on tiebreakers and staying positive as a team.”

Following through with her plan from Tuesday’s match, tennis coach Erica Dopson has been working with her team on specific drills to get the athletes ready for their next match.

We will be working on tiebreakers,” Dopson said. “We had numerous 3rd set tiebreaker losses. Many of our players are new to Varsity competition and this is a great learning experience. The match was close with most losses coming in 3rd sets. We let many chances get away. We want to get our 1st team to win against Lone Star.”