Redhawk golfers blossom in Spring Invitational

Over+the+weekend+the+Redhawks+teed-off+and+scored+first+place+collectively.+Helping+the+team+get+medal%2C+senior+Raeligh+Davidson+%28first%29+freshman+Ashley+Zhang+%28third%29%2C+and++sophomore+Mitchell+Kalka+%28eighth%29.+

Over the weekend the Redhawks teed-off and scored first place collectively. Helping the team get medal, senior Raeligh Davidson (first) freshman Ashley Zhang (third), and sophomore Mitchell Kalka (eighth).

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

The golf team took the course Friday and Saturday in the Eaton Spring Invitational, ending the weekend with a first place finish for the girls’ team. 

Helping the team finish at the top of the podium, senior Raeligh Davidson finished in first individually and freshman Ashley Zhang followed right behind her finishing in third. 

“The team overall played well for the most part,” Davidson said. “I feel like we could all definitely get more consistent going into the rest of the season as we get closer to districts.”

On the boys’ side, sophomore Mitchell Kalka shot a 69 the first day and finished 8th overall, individually. 

“Being our first tournament of the season it helped us see where we are and what we all need to work on,” Kalka said.

Although the Redhawks boys’ team didn’t have enough players to be considered a team on the second day, Kalka still found this tournament as a way to prepare. 

“Well our team got disqualified,” Kalka said.  “But overall the team learned a lot and we are ready to get back to work and prepare for districts.