Girls out-lifted the completion, while the boys wait for their results

The+girls%27+powerlifting+took+home+first+place+In+their+tournament.+The+boys+teams+had+multiple+top+place+finishers%2C+but+they+have+to+wait+to+find+their+ranking.+

Michael Martin

The girls’ powerlifting took home first place In their tournament. The boys teams had multiple top place finishers, but they have to wait to find their ranking.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

The girls’ powerlifting team finished first in their meet, scoring 57 to 12 points at Reedy High School, against , Centennial, Lebanon Trail, and Independence

The girls had six first place winners and three placed second individually in their weight class to lead the team to first place.

“Last night we kind of used it as an experimental night,” senior Franny Trezza. “We wanted to get lost of failures so we could figure out where we need to be to get the highest possibles.”

On the boys’ side, the team won’t know the official results until after the weekend, however they had several top finishers. 

“Last night we got the opportunity to lift a lot of younger guys,” senior Ben Anderson. “So getting those guys experience for the future years was great. On top of that we had many of our top lifters increase their totals further solidifying their spots in the district and getting them closer to compete at the regional meet.”