Swinging into spring break

Christine Aronson

The softball team is taking the break from school, but not from the mound. The team will host Heritage High School at 12:00 p.m.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

The softball team takes the mound as they host Heritage High School at 12:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon. 

Every game we are hoping to improve on the little things and implement the skills we worked on in practice,” head coach Jill Bradshaw said.

With District 9-5A play still in its early stages, individual goals are the focus for now.

“We have the players set goals for themselves prior to the start of every game,” Bradshaw said.  “That way they keep their focus on improving the little things. Enough little things put together successfully; will make big things happen.”

Saturday’s game is just the first of a busy few days. And although the athletes get a break from school during spring break, they are not getting a break from their season.

With flex scheduling happening throughout the season, and all the schedule adjustments with the weather and COVID, we have to stay flexible and be ready to play whenever,” Bradshaw said. “We play on Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday this spring break.”