Tri meet for Redhawk wrestlers Wednesday

Taking on both Independence and The Colony, the boys’ and girls’ wrestling teams are back in action Wednesday at The Colony High School starting at 5 p.m. With the start of the season delayed by two months, and condensed to about five weeks due to COVID-19, the team has only a few weeks before the district meet in early April.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

The boys’ and girls’ wrestling teams head to The Colony High School to take on The Colony and Independence High School, Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. 

“We’ve been drilling and practicing pretty hard for our meets and quads,” senior, wrestler Stephanie Qiu said. “We’ve definitely been reviewing our filmed matches and finding where we went on, and then taking these things to the mat room and patching up our mistakes as well. “

With COVID-19 delaying the season and compressing it to approximately five weeks, the team will not have as much time to develop.

But Qiu thinks the Redhawks will fare well when all is said and done. 

“Within the district, I think we’ve come out as a pretty strong team” Qiu said. “Although we’ve got some competition with schools like Centennial or individual studs from other schools, I think that come the end of the season, the results will speak for themselves.”