Girls basketball looks to bounce back

Addy Schick

After a previous loss in their first game of the season, the Redhawks girls basketball team is looking to bounce back. The team plays in the Mavs Classic Tournament this Thursday.

Kaden Groom, Sports Reporter

The girls’ basketball team is getting ready to take flight as the Redhawks look to bounce back in the Mavs Fall Classic being held throughout Frisco ISD Thursday-Saturday.

“We are ready to bounce back,” sophomore Keyera Roberts said. “After losing last Friday this is a great opportunity for us to get back out there and get a few wins.”

Just one game into their 2021-2022 season, the Redhawks are using the tournament to strengthen the team just as much as they are looking to win.

“We are just getting our legs under us,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “We are looking to play four really solid games of competition that can go either way. We can use these games to pick apart some of our strengths and our weaknesses and obviously stuff that we need to continue to work on. Whether that being enhancing something that’s already good or figuring out the ugly. We are going to continue to get in better shape.”

A tournament like this can also help the team in other areas as well.

“It can help in so many different ways,” Reedy said. “There’s so many little intangibles that you have to work through in a short period of time. Your preparation can go from a long time to a short period like 2 1/2 days or 1/2 days and you have to do small stuff. It really makes you problem solve and figure things out in a short period of time.