Redhawks look to cage the Lions

Michael Martin

Boys’ basketball leaves an empty nest on friday as they travel to Reedy to continue their season. The team will take the court at 8:00 p.m.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

The Redhawks take on the Lions on Friday at 8:00 p.m. when they travel to Reedy High School for a District 9-5A boys’ basketball matchup.

The Lions are coming off a win over Independence, who defeated the Redhawks earlier this season.

“Reedy’s a well coached, really disciplined team who’s coming off a big win Tuesday against Independence who was undefeated so, you know, just kind of doing what they’ve been doing,” assistant coach Bruce Wright said. “It’s more about us and playing to our standard in the way that we want things done. And as long as we’re disciplined and we play hard, we’ll give ourselves a good chance to win.”

Staying consistent and dependable during the game has been a goal for the team this season.

“I think as long as we play to the lowest standard that we can play it will be fine,” senior Drew Johnson said. “I think just keeping consistent energy sometimes we play down to our opponents.”

Entering Friday’s game with a 5-1 district record, the team is still working on improving.

“We’re gonna have to work on our zone offense because they play a lot of zone,” assistant coach Ben Manning said. “So work on that and also some transition defense.”