Softball swings back into action

Beginning their 2022 season, softball swings into action Tuesday. Following the 0-18 season in 2021, the team is hungry for a win.

Addy Schick, Sports Reporter

Getting second this weekend in their preseason tournament, the Redhawk softball team is now ready to swing into the first District 9-5A game of their season against Memorial.

Originally scheduled for 7:15 p.m. at Memorial High School, the game has now been moved to begin at 4:30 p.m. on the softball fields at the Kuykendall Stadium complex.

Having already played around 10 non-district games, head coach Jill Bradshaw feels the team is well prepared for the game and season ahead.

“The start has been good for our athletes,” Bradshaw said. “We have faced some strong competition to prepare us for the season. I feel good about the upcoming game. The athletes have worked hard and are ready to compete coming off a successful weekend.”

In her first year on the Redhawks, freshman Adeline Glatch will be pitching and playing shortstop. 

“I’m feeling that it will be a challenge, but we will be able to put up a fight,” Glatch said. “I hope that we will stick together, and be together through the highs and the lows of the game. Overall though, I’m just thankful for this opportunity to be playing on varsity.”