Redhawks look to bat off Titans

Michael Martin

Looking to bat off their competitors, the baseball team takes on the Centennial Titans in a District 9-5A game Tuesday. Coming off of a game Friday against Lebanon Trail, the team is ready to apply corrections and improve.

Michael Coppinger, Sports Reporter

The Redhawks baseball team found success on the field at Lebanon Trail on Friday, pulling out a 6-3 win on the road and splitting the series with the Trailblazers. 

Among the key players was junior DH/1B Jack Denisch, who knocked in several runs on Friday at crucial points in the game, playing a large part in the team’s victory. 

“I feel really prepared at the plate. I like to think that I have a good approach right now – I really like where my confidence and my mindset is at,” Denisch said. “I had faith that Lawson would get on base and get into scoring position and I knew that if I got up to the plate in that situation then I would capitalize.” 

The team resumes district play and hopes to create a winning streak as they travel to Emerson High School to take on the Centennial Titans Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. 

Sophomore pitcher Ian Garza emphasizes the importance of teamwork in looking for ways to contribute to victory. He believes that staying on the same page is going to be essential for continued success.

“You can contribute to the team by giving your all in practice to not only get yourself better but also to push your teammates,” Garza said via text. “I think it’s most important for us to stay ourselves and be selfless and give it our all anytime our numbers are called. We need to keep high energy the whole game for us to win.”