8th graders take over Wednesday for Rising Freshman Night

Parents+and+guardians+have+the+chance+to+see+what+is+happening+in+various+classes+on+campus+as+part+of+Mondays+Meet+the+Teacher+from+6-7%3A30+p.m.+%0AThe+event+will+allow+parents+and+guardians+to+move+freely+throughout+campus+and+visit+with+teachers+as+wanted.+

Cooper Ragle

Parents and guardians have the chance to see what is happening in various classes on campus as part of Monday’s Meet the Teacher from 6-7:30 p.m. The event will allow parents and guardians to move freely throughout campus and visit with teachers as wanted.

Kirthi Gummadi, WTV Executive Producer

After school hours, the halls are usually quiet but that’s not going to be the case Wednesday as 8th graders take over for Rising Freshman Night from 6-7:30 p.m. 

“You’ll have the chance to come to our building, meet our fabulous teachers, coaches, and directors,” Principal Ashley Rainwater said. “You’ll get to learn a little more about programs, you’ll get to learn a little bit more about our core classes, and hopefully those last minute questions you have about what course is right for your student will be answered.

The event is primarily held in the cafeteria, and allows 8th graders to become acquainted with their future surroundings.

“I’m excited to walk around the school and see where all of my classes next year will be,” 8th grade student Mason Classe said. 

For various programs and classes on campus, Rising Freshman Night is the chance to recruit new members for the 2022-2023 school year. 

“They get to hear from the students’ stand point about their time in dance class and Red Rhythm,” dance teacher Sarah Cadungug said. “So we’re excited to meet those new students, and hopefully get them into all of those classes and Red Rhythm.”

Map of Rising Freshman Night tables

Redhawk Rally table layout 3.30.22