First place Coyotes ground Redhawks

Courtesy of Redhawk Softball

Swinging through the weekend, the Redhawks softball team competed in the Denton Ryan Tournament. “We got a lot of learning experience from this weekend,” assistant coach Tiffany Thayer said.

Addy Schick, Sports Reporter

Facing the first place District 9-5A Heritage Coyotes for the second time this season on Friday, the Redhawk softball team was trying to give the Coyotes (14-0) their first district loss. But the Coyotes proved why their are the top dog in district, winning 22-0

“We knew that her pitching was gonna be a challenge for us, and it definitely was,” head coach Jill Bradshaw said. “But, we did well with some routine plays. Our defense looked a lot better, and a lot less errors.”

Always looking at the positives, freshman Maddison Terry believes even though struggled with bats, the Redhawks excelled in other areas.

“I think we did well making routine plays,” she said. “I think that we didn’t let the 2nd or 3rd out really get to our head and made our plays. We stayed positive throughout the game. They just had really good bats and pitching.”