ISM students set for final presentation

@LHSRedhawks

After almost two semesters of working and researching in the career field of their choosing, Independent Study and Mentorship students will be presenting their work during Final Presentation night on Wednesday.

Zain Rahmani, WTV Producer

Independent Study and Mentorship (ISM) is an elective offered at Frisco ISD high schools, designed for high-achieving juniors or seniors.

“It’s a program where students can choose a career path that they are interested in pursuing for the future,” junior Vinay Patttanahsettar said. “The first semester we do research and a project. In the second semester, we work with a mentor to create the final product. It’s a process of learning and expanding your career and networking growing as a student and a professional.”

Compiling all of their work from the previous and current semester, ism students will be presenting their finished presentations, and individual boards Wednesday in the cafeteria.

“Tonight is the final presentation night,” Pattanashettar said. “Basically everybody’s parents, mentors, family friends come and the ism students come to them, and they showcase all the projects. Starting from the Original Work all the way to the Final Product. It’s a big night for all ISM students as it’s the fruit of their labor, and it’s gonna be a fun night.”