Student council boosts spirit with line dancing

Caroline Caruso

Student Council hosted a line dancing event during advisory on Thursday. Many students and teachers found enjoyment in the midday activities.

Caroline Caruso, Editor-In-Chief

Joining in the gym for a boot scoot, students on campus participated in line dancing during Student Council’s advisory event Thursday. 

In the eyes of freshman Katie Towne, the school-wide advisory events help to increase interactions and solidify relationships between fellow peers. 

“Everyone joined in, and I even got to dance to ‘Wobble,’ which is one of my favorites,” Towne said. “I think people who weren’t there definitely are regretting it now. It was super fun and I was glad I got to come.”

Students and teachers alike found enjoyment in the mid-day festivities. 

“I liked how many people came out,” Student Council sponsor Kandy Stevens said. “It was slow to start, but everybody found their music and what they enjoyed doing. That was really enjoyable to see.”

The gathering was aimed at promoting school spirit according to senior student body president Anna Lyon. 

“I hope this [dance] sparked more ideas for future advisory events and for more students to come and attend in the future,” Lyon said. 

To prepare for the event, some StuCo representatives had to learn some new moves. 

“We had various members learn different dances and start the line dances,” Lyon said. “And then everyone joined in and we hand-picked dances to do.”