Football faces the Trail Blazers in search of first win

Liberty Yearbook Nasir

As sports season begins, determine what team the Redhawks might be facing with new UIL districts.

Addyson Schick, Assistant Sports Editor

Still searching for a win this season, the Redhawk football team hopes to come out on top Friday against the Lebanon Trail Trail Blazers at Kuykendall Stadium at 7:00 p.m.

“Lebanon Trail you know, they are actually favored,” head football coach Matt Swinnea said. “So being the underdog I think is a good spot for us, and so we just need to go out there and shock them.”

With both teams coming into the game at 0-8,  Swinnea believes Friday’s game is all about pride.

“You know there are not too many teams that are winless,” Swinnea said.“We have the opportunity to play for some pride, and that’s really what this game is about, pride. We just gotta have it and execute it.”

With his high school football career coming to an end with the season, winning Friday’s game is crucial to senior Ethan Ashmore.

“It’s really important to me to get a win this season, because this is my last year playing football with some of my best friends,” Ashmore said. “It’s pretty frustrating knowing the potential our team has, but we haven’t been able to get it done yet.”

But with a 100 percent chance of rain on Friday, holding on to the ball will be difficult.

“Of course if it is wet then the ball is gonna be slick,” Swinnea said. “Then we’re just gonna have to do a great job of hanging onto the ball and not having turnovers. I just hope we just don’t get into a bunch of lightning delays.”