Seniors bring school spirit with painted overalls

photo via @friscolhs_stuco Instagram

At the western game on Friday, seniors are encouraged by Student Council to decorate overalls or jeans. For many seniors, the events and activities put on by Student Council have helped add more spirit to their final year in high school.

Joaquin Perez, WTV Staff Reporter

Friday’s game will not only include cowboy hats and boots, but all seniors are encouraged to wear painted overalls or jeans that represent the class of 2023.

“I’m probably going to paint overalls,” senior Sovereign Hurley said. “My friend was going to write like senior 2023 on it.”

While seniors are encouraged to wear painted jeans or overalls, all students are able to participate in the western theme. 

“I’m very excited about the theme because I think it’s important for us Texans to show our Western roots,” sophomore Brooklyn Brown said. “I can’t wait to just throw on a cowboy hat and, you know, go cheer on some football”.

Student Council’s events have encouraged seniors such as Hurley to participate more in school spirit.

“By StuCo doing more senior events  I think it just makes our senior year even better and it’s more interactive with all the students,” Hurley said.