Tabletop club brings game night to campus

Connor Johnson

Tabletop club brings game night to campus and allows students to pursue their board game passions. The club meets Thursdays in the lecture hall.

Connor Johnson, WTV Staff Reporter

Game night doesn’t have to be something that’s just done at home as there is a club on campus that allows students to indulge their board game passion. The lecture hall turns into a Redhawks game room every Thursday as the Tabletop Club holds its regular meetings.

“We play tabletop games that include games like dungeons and dragons,” sponsor Richard Sabatier said. “Some students want to play magic the gathering or just other various board games and stuff to play it’s a lot of fun been doing it for a while, [students can] come check it out if you’re interested.”

Tabletop club is in a campaign for Dungeons and Dragons, a fantasy roleplaying game, where each of their fabricated characters will go on missions and adventures, coming across obstacles on the way.

“Tabletop club is a place where it’s a bunch of people that come together and play tabletop games,” president senior Olivia Paulk said. “There are people that play [Dungeons and Dragons]. Others that play things such as dice throne and Catan and all sorts of tabletop games where people can come together and have fun.”