Students end of the year with holiday festivities in class

Classes are ending the fall semester with some holiday cheer. Some classes on campus are throwing parties to celebrate and commemorate the semester, including potlucks and movie watching.

Christine Han, Staff Reporter

Ending the fall semester with some holiday cheer, some classes on campus are throwing parties to celebrate and commemorate the semester. 

After two nine-weeks of hard work and dedication, AP Psychology teacher, Tim Johannes, believes students deserve the break. 

“Leaving for break with a good memory is always nice,” Johannes said. “That’s why were having a hot chocolate party. The students love anytime we’re having a party cause we’re just socializing and having fun. They deserve some fun time too.”

After so many assessments, having a more relaxed class is refreshing for many students. 

“I’ve been taking test after test for weeks,” sophomore Sheen Saxena said. “I love hot chocolate and doing nothing so it’s just a match made in heaven.”

For AP Statistics teacher, Kristen Tatum, combining the curriculum with fun activities brings the students to life. 

“I wanted to work on the idea of statistical significance and do it with an activity to make it more memorable,” Tatum said. “I thought it would be even more fun to make it holiday themed and so I designed a hot chocolate activity that would be a memorable moment from stats class.”

Julia Ridgway, pre-calculus teacher, wants to share her favorite snacks with her students and treat them before the holidays. 

“I am bringing donuts from my favorite shop,” Ridgway said, “I just want to spread my favorite treats. So on Thursday before break, I’m bringing my B-day donuts since they didn’t get some before Thanksgiving break. We’re gonna eat some donuts, watch movies, and relax.”

Towards the end of the semester students can feel exhausted and unmotivated, so holiday parties can boost the spirits of some students. 

“I do think holiday treats can make students happy,” Tatum said. “It definitely made me happy, so I like to think it made the students happy.”