Redhawks set to face the Warriors

One+game+away+from+District+10-5A+play%2C+the+Redhawks+girls+soccer+team+drew+to+Princeton+Tuesday.+%E2%80%9CWe+held+on+to+the+ball+very+well%2C+we+defended+very+well%2C%E2%80%9D+head+coach+Kyle+Beggs+said.+

Jose Alvarez

One game away from District 10-5A play, the Redhawks girls’ soccer team drew to Princeton Tuesday. “We held on to the ball very well, we defended very well,” head coach Kyle Beggs said.

Addyson Schick, Assistant Sports Editor

Soccer takes on the Memorial Warriors on Tuesday with the boys playing at Memorial and the girls at The Nest.

The boys’ team has just one win thus far in District 10-5A, but the team isn’t looking too far ahead according to sophomore Lucas Godoy.

“We have to just take it game by game, and be able to play the best we can at every opportunity,” sophomore Lucas Godoy said. “I think the biggest challenge that we will have is our own mentality. We have to be in control of our actions and how we respond to things in the game.”

The Redhawks girls’ team enters the match in fourth place in District 10-5A, with the Warriors five points above them in second place. 

“It’s important because we have to beat Memorial in order to secure that spot,” junior Cate Butcher said. “Top four teams make playoffs, but if we want a easier match we have to move up.”

Last time the girls faced the Warriors the game ended 1-0 Memorial.

“They beat us first time 1-0 with a goal with like 6 minutes left in the game,” head girls soccer coach Kyle Beggs said. “Tonight we get a chance to hopefully repay them. But its an important game for standings, cause we currently sit in fourth but not really many points separate us from first to fourth.”