Tennis swings into districts

Amelia Jauregui

After seeing multiple wins over the weekend, the Redhawks are swinging into the District 10-5A tournament. Hot off of several victories, the Redhawks are eager to put their skills to the test.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Redhawks tennis players are swinging into the District 10-5A tournament Tuesday and Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. at the Courts of McKinney Texas Center.

“The players are performing well going into district,” head coach Erica Dopson said.

Senior Sanjheev Rao saw a win in boys singles in Friday’s tournament, getting him motivated for the district tournament.

“They were very competitive matches, and I just had the extra energy and intensity to take it to the next level,” senior Sanjheev Rao said. “I was very happy with the result. It was good preparation for the district tournament Tuesday.”

Along with senior Milla Dopson, sophomore Hailey Zhang won girls’ doubles.

“The match on Friday was pretty good considering we won, but regardless of the result, we still played really good and ended on a strong note,” Zhang said. “We were really pleased with the results knowing that our hard work is paying off. We’ve been preparing for tomorrow by working on our communication and just trying new strategies to try to switch things up.”