• Girls' basketball wins state semifinal, beating Richmond Randle 66-37 and advancing to 5A final against Mansfield Timberview Saturday at 3:00 p.m.

Students for Environmental Action Club uses plastic bags to create mats which are then sent to animal shelters. “Theyre mainly intended to be donated to shelters across Dallas because theyre versatile and extremely good at trapping heat in the cold months,” SEA Officer Srilasya Kamma said.
Students for Environmental Impact Club gives trash a new life
Oliver Hong and Sarayu Bongale

Used plastic is getting a new life through the Students...

The girls’ are one game away from their second consecutive state champion title as the girls’ basketball team beat Randle High School Thursday 66-37 in the UIL 5A Semifinal. Advancing to the 5A State Final on Saturday at 3:00 p.m. in San Antonio,
the girls will play Mansfield Timberview High School, a team that beat them 40-19 earlier this year.
One game away from a second state championship title
Addyson Schick, Sports Editor

The girls’ are now one game away from their second...

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Parents step onto campus for Meet the Teacher Night

Kaden Groom
Parents and guardians have the opportunity to step into their students shoes for Meet the Teacher night. The event is Monday from 6-7:30 p.m.

Now that students have had a few weeks to get to know their teachers, it’s time for parents and guardians to get that opportunity.

It all starts at 6 p.m. when parents and guardians will be able to stop in their child’s classrooms and hear all about the class directly from the teacher.

“It definitely can be beneficial,” debate teacher Michelle Porter said. “I think that the main purpose, at this age, of parent-student night is for the parents to come up and see their child’s surroundings, if you will.”

Beyond seeing their student’s surroundings, Porter believes Meet the Teacher Night is a valuable opportunity to get to know more about the students.

“I take advantage of it to get to know different particulars about students,” she said. “Parents are more willing in person to tell you things that you need to know about their child. Not even so much curriculum wise, i think it’s beneficial for the child as a whole.”

For sophomore Somy Nagda, tonight’s meet the teacher is an event that can help both parents, and maybe even students. 

“It’ll let my parents know my teachers so in any way if they need to contact them, it’s not like who is this teacher,” Nagda said. “I feel like its a good idea so your parents and teachers can have a better relationship.”

Tonight’s meet the teacher event begins at 6 p.m. and ends at 7:30 p.m.