• The Frisco ISD Marching Band Showcase is Tuesday from 6:30-9:30 at the Ford Center at The Star
  • Find Your Future: Big 10 Night is Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. at Memorial HS
  • Homecoming dance is Sept. 23 from 7-10 p.m.

In this weekly blog, staff reporter Lilian Johnson talks about everything pop culture.
Pop of Culture: Matilda
Lilian Johnson, Staff Reporter

Last week I watched Matilda for the first time. I was...

Cross country took on the rigorous course of the Southlake Invitational with top finishes for both boys and girls. “I am very satisfied with the time I ran this weekend,” Senior Sydni Wilkins said.
Top finishes for cross country at the Southlake Invitational
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Cross country competed in the Southlake Invitational...

After defeating the Knights on Tuesday, Redhawk volleyball becomes 5-0 in district play. “The win is great but there is still lots of time left in the season,” junior Andrea Juneau said.
Winning streak continues for Volleyball as they defeat the Knights
Addyson Schick, Sports Editor

Volleyball had their second sweep of the week, winning...

September 25 Daily Update
September 25 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • September 25, 2023

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings you today's news and announcements including senior yearbook pictures, the next Find Your Future Night, and this week's...

Searching for their first win, Football takes on Heritage

Football+will+take+on+Heritage+in+their+second+District+6-5A+game+on+the+season.+%E2%80%9CHeritage+has+a+really+good+defensive+front%2C%E2%80%9D+head+football+coach+Matt+Swinnea+said.+
Jason Helmick, JHelmickphotography
Football will take on Heritage in their second District 6-5A game on the season. “Heritage has a really good defensive front,” head football coach Matt Swinnea said.

The Redhawk (0-3) football team is searching for their first win of the season as they head into Thursday’s game against Heritage at Toyota Stadium beginning at 7 p.m. 

“Heritage has a really good defensive front,” head football coach Matt Swinnea said. “So taking care of blocking those three guys, and their quarterback is really, really slippery. So just being able to keep him contained and making sure we control the passing game.”

Upsetting results over the past few weeks have heightened the team’s determination to win.

“I think we could win this week because, after last week, the whole team is very eager to put everything on the line against Heritage and get that W,” sophomore Trevor Deforest said.

Continuing the same message as past weeks, coach Swinnea believes it’s about everyone doing their job.

“I sound like a broken record, but I keep telling the guys it’s a matter of doing your job and doing it with great effort,” he said. “Those two things, you know, go a long way for success. It’s in our grass we just gotta take advantage of the opportunities we have in front of us.”