• The 2024-25 school year begins Aug. 12
  • Wingspan is on summer break until August

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/9 is varsity football player, sophomore Connor Johnson.
Featured Athlete: Connor Johnson
Neta Even, Guest Contributor

Wingspan: What position do you play in football? Johnson:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

View All
May 17 Daily Update
May 17 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • May 17, 2024

WTV's Ryan Shapiro, Karina Grokhovskaya, and Sadie Johnson bring you a few last words

Featured Athlete: Khaleb Cooper

provided by Khaleb Cooper
Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 9/21 is football player, junior Khaleb Cooper.

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing football?

Cooper: ‘I started when I was in seventh grade because I want to play a sport, football looks fun.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about football?

Cooper: “Playing with all my brothers and friends, and sometimes you will have a game in play against a friend you haven’t seen in a while.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest supporter?

Cooper: “My mom, my sister, and my girlfriend have all been there since day one of high school.”

Wingspan: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

Cooper: “Odell Beckman Jr., when he first started, everyone said he was too small, but he never let that stop him. That’s why I look up to him.”

Wingspan: What is your goal for this season?

Cooper: “Well, we are almost in the middle of the season, but me and my team are just trying to make a name for ourselves so teams know we can still fight in division one.”

Wingspan: How has football impacted your life?

Cooper: “Football has helped me a lot, not just as an athlete but a man. Because my coaches talk to us every day, telling us don’t let little things distract you from what’s in front of you.”

Wingspan: Do all the injury stories and tales ever scare you why or why not?

Cooper: “Yes, because you might not believe them until they actually happen, and then you could think it’s not serious but you go get it checked out, and it could actually be worse.”

Wingspan: Do you hope to play after high school? Why or why not? 

Cooper: “Yes, I wanna go to Oregon and hopefully the NFL by the time I get there I can help my mom and sister.”