March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Rangers lasso Redhawk football

Redhawk+football+becomes+0-7+after+a+loss+to+Lone+Star+on+Friday.+Even+with+the+loss+head+football+coach+Matt+Swinnea+is+still+proud+of+the+team+and+their+determination.+
Jason Helmick, JHelmickphotography
Redhawk football becomes 0-7 after a loss to Lone Star on Friday. Even with the loss head football coach Matt Swinnea is still proud of the team and their determination.

Taking on the Lone Star Rangers Thursday, the Redhawks football team fell 56-0 at the Ford Center.

“Lone Star is a very tough opponent, a top-10 team,” head football coach Matt Swinnea said. “Playing them with a healthy team would have been a challenge, and we were nowhere near full strength. I think we had 6 starters out and were definitely short-handed. That being said, we had many guys step up and fill in spots that weren’t their natural position and collectively continued to fight throughout the night.”

Having only 27 healthy players, sophomore Khi Bunting agrees with coach Swinnea believing the low numbers affected the results.

“Lone Star is a very good team and on our part we need to do a better job of executing and it’s hard because of the lack of players,” Bunting said. “But I feel as the season continues we will progress and win a couple of games.”

Even with the loss, Swinnea is still proud of the team.

“As I told them, I am tremendously proud of their willingness to be in the fight,” he said. “The odds are stacked against these guys, yet they have the guts to step into the ring every week and go toe-to-toe with some of the best teams in the state. We all need to be in their corner.”