February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Soaring over Lebanon Trail, volleyball continues seven game win streak

Addyson Schick
Volleyball becomes fifth in state after a win over Lebanon Trail Friday. The team continues to stay undefeated in district play and top of their table.

The Redhawks volleyball team continues to stay undefeated (7-0) in District 10-5A play after a 3-1 win over second place Lebanon Trail, widening the gap between first and second. 

“We definitely had to compete pretty hard to win each set,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “So I think it was good for us to have to fight for our wins a little more.”

The win moved the Redhawks up in state rankings, with the team now fifth in Texas 5A volleyball.

“I think it really just motivates us to keep moving up,” senior Brooklyn Shelton said. “Keep showing teams we are and how far we can go this year.”

However, coach Dobbins does not want this to make the girls too confident, as there are still seven more games left in district play.

“I don’t think it’s pressure, I think if anything, it’s good for the girls I think it builds their confidence,” she said. “But we try to appreciate it but not get too wrapped up in rankings.”