March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Volleyball walks into second half of district play with a sweep

Addyson Schick
Volleyball continues to stay undefeated in District 10-5A play after a sweep against Emerson on Tuesday. “It feels great to beat Emerson again,” junior Andrea Juneau said.

Volleyball began the second half of District 10-5A play Tuesday with a 3-0 sweep against the Emerson Mavericks.

“It feels great to beat Emerson again,” junior Andrea Juneau said. “We had a slow start, but we still came out and won the first set.”

The Mavericks took the lead for the majority of the first set, but the Redhawks turned it around in the final moments to pull out the win. 

We came in a little unfocused, and Emerson had good energy and were really motivated,” coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “We talked about the importance of starting strong and working hard regardless of who is on the other side of the net.”

The win not only put the Redhawks at 8-0 in district play, but it also marked a milestone in senior Brooklyn Shelton’s career. After hitting 1,000 digs last year, Tuesday’s game marked 1,500 digs for the senior.

“I feel so proud of myself and very thankful to my teammates and coaches for helping me achieve this,” Shelton said. “It does give me confidence knowing how far i’ve come, but it is also a reminder that it is just a number, and my quality of play is still super important.”