February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Volleyball looks to conquer the Warriors again

After+a+sweep+against+Heritage+on+Friday%2C+the+volleyball+team+looks+to+defeat+the+Memorial+Warriors+Tuesday.+The+last+match+was+close+against+Memorial%2C+with+the+Redhawks+only+winning+by+one+set.+
Addyson Schick
After a sweep against Heritage on Friday, the volleyball team looks to defeat the Memorial Warriors Tuesday. The last match was close against Memorial, with the Redhawks only winning by one set.

The winning streak is at nine games for the volleyball team after the Redhawks defeated  Heritage with a sweep Friday.

“Another sweep feels so nice and is really comforting going into some of our toughest district games these next few weeks,” sophomore Jaiden Harris said.

The Redhawks travel to take on the Memorial Warriors Tuesday at  6:30 p.m.  The last time the two teams faced off, it went to five sets, with the Redhawks winning 3-2.

“We were inconsistent with our side of the net [last time against Memorial],” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “We had some of our strongest moments of the season during that game and then some really weak ones.”

Memorial sits second in the District 10-5A standings, currently tied with Lebanon Trail, but that’s just a reason to be fired up according to senior MJ McCurdy. 

“I’m not nervous person, I am more excited because I think it’s gonna be really successful for us,” McCurdy said. “We have gotten so much better since last time we played them, so I think it’s gonna go really well for us.”