In this weekly blog, The Fresh Perspective, staff reporter Lea Garcia-Salazar talks about school opinions.
The Fresh Perspective: teacher burnout: a silent crisis in education
Lea Garcia-Salazar, Staff Reporter

Teachers are essential in our society; serving as educators,...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Cutting it close, volleyball pulls out a win against Centennial

Christine Han
In a close match against Centennial Friday, Redhawk volleyball still managed to come out with a 3-2 win over the Titians. “Obviously we are thankful for the win, but it didn’t necessarily happen how we had hoped,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins.

In a nerve-racking match, the Redhawk volleyball team cut it close taking the Cenntenial Titians to five sets before winning 3-2 Friday. 

“Obviously we are thankful for the win, but it didn’t necessarily happen how we had hoped,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins. “We can’t take points off and let other teams back into the games.”

Tied 2-2 after four sets, the Redhawks pulled away late winning 15-9.

“We took our foot off the gas in the third set, which was a very winnable game for us,” Dobbins said. “Then we just were not in sync in set four. The team hopefully learned that we need to fight hard all the way through three sets in order to secure a win.”

Senior MJ McCurdy saw lots of success on the court Friday, achieving 28 kills and 28 digs.

“It feels really good to get so many kills and digs in one game,” McCurdy said. “It boosts my confidence as we are going into the end of season and playoffs.”