March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Volleyball clinches 2nd straight district championship

Christine Han
Following a win Tuesday against Independence, and the fall of Lebanon Trail to Centennial, the Redhawk volleyball team is crowned District 10-5A champions. Although, the team still has two games left in their season before playoffs.

The Redhawk volleyball team soared over Independence Tuesday, sweeping (3-0) the Knights for the second time this season. 

“Super glad that we won in three sets, we played pretty consistently all the way through,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “We learned that staying calm, cool, and collected will benefit us during games.”

Sitting in second in the District 10-5A table, Lebanon Trail was hot on Liberty’s tail, still having a chance to overtake the Redhawks as victors. But with a 3-1 loss to Centennial Tuesday, the Trailblazers now sit at 9-3, solidifying the Redhawks as District Champions for the second year in a row. 

“It feels so awesome,” senior Gabbi Fasciano said. “It’s kinda a relief because even though we still have two games left, we don’t have to put as much pressure on ourselves.”

The Redhawks now only have two games left until playoffs and hope to continue to finish strong.

“Our mindset is to play clean and well, so we have really good momentum going into playoffs,” Fasciano said.