April 25 Daily Update
April 25 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 25, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements, including the Red Rhythm spring show, a physics project, and this week's...

Theatre’s fall show ends with a success

After+running+from+Thursday+to+Saturday%2C+theatre+puts+their+fall+show%2C+The+Sweet+Science+of+Bruising%2C+to+rest.+With+countless+rehearsals+and+hard+work+from+the+actors%2C+technical+production%2C+and+the+directors%2C+the+show+was+a+success.+
Lea Garcia-Salazar
After running from Thursday to Saturday, theatre puts their fall show, The Sweet Science of Bruising, to rest. With countless rehearsals and hard work from the actors, technical production, and the directors, the show was a success.

Bobbing and weaving, with a jab here and there, theater students put their fall show, The Sweet Science of Bruising, to rest after a three-day run Thursday-Saturday.

“It was difficult making sense of unity between all of our design departments,” Technical Director Cecily Maucieri said. “Making sure sound, lights, costumes, and scenic are all supporting each other and that it seems cohesive while supporting our head director’s vision. There is a lot of tech in this show, so blending was really important.”

Even though the actors and technical theater staff only had two months to prepare, the show went seamlessly, according to sophomore Kylie Gore.

“The show did go as expected, it was exciting in the fight scenes and gloomy in the serious ones,” Gore said. “A show never is a hundred percent perfect, but I think each night we got closer to a perfect show.”

Students had to attend countless rehearsals to prepare for the show.

“The most challenging aspect of the show was learning how to balance my time with rehearsals and learning lines, which takes much longer than I thought,” sophomore Stephenie Okorie said. “Since this was my first show, I didn’t really know what to expect, but it went well overall.”

However, the rehearsals didn’t always go as planned, as they encountered many technical difficulties in between.

“The most challenging was definitely having time to practice because some days we didn’t have the auditorium, so ensemble couldn’t work with the cast since the black box is a smaller room meant for small performances and rehearsals,” Gore said.

The effort put in by the actors, technical production, and the directors ensured the show’s success at the end. 

“I’m most proud about the actors and the directors,” Gore said. “We pulled off an amazing show with just two months to prepare and new directors, but everyone was able to mesh so well together, and that helped make this show possible.”