March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Volleyball advances to round three of playoffs

In+their+second+round+of+playoffs+Redhawk+volleyball+swept+Hillcrest+on+Thursday.+With+the+win+the+team+was+crowned+Area+Champions%2C+and+will+now+look+ahead+to+their+next+opponent+Wakeland.+
provided by Andrea Juneau
In their second round of playoffs Redhawk volleyball swept Hillcrest on Thursday. With the win the team was crowned Area Champions, and will now look ahead to their next opponent Wakeland.

The success continued for the Redhawks volleyball, being crowned Area champions Thursday after a sweep (3-0) against Hillcrest

“It feels great, every playoff win is an awesome feeling,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “We kept our energy up and played at our pace. We also had a lot of players contribute to our success.”

Following the win, the Redhawks will now advance to the third round of playoffs Tuesday. 

“The win gives us motivation for when we play our next round,” junior Andrea Juneau said. “It’s gonna be a tough one and we need to go in with confidence.” 

Tuesday’s game will be a team the Redhawks know well as the Redhawks will take on the undefeated District 9-5A champions, Wakeland

“We have been anticipating playing them for a while now,” Juneau said. “We have been practicing rotations and keys to win for the game, so we can come out very strong.”