February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Girls basketball starts season right

Addyson Schick
The defending state champions are back, and brought the heat Friday and Saturday beating Panther Creek and North Forney. “My feelings were pretty mixed; lots of excitement and a lot of nervousness,” sophomore Jaci Abii said.

The defending state champions started off their season right, beating Panther Creek 62-26 on Friday, and then North Forney 43-21 Saturday.

“My feelings were pretty mixed; lots of excitement and a lot of nervousness,” sophomore Jaci Abii said. “It was also interesting to see us change for an actual game day, but it was overall fun and promising for the season.”

Head coach Ross Reedy agrees with Abii, believing the weekend went well but the team could always look to improve.

“Mostly positive I thought we played really really well against Panther Creek considering they are gonna be one of the better teams in 4A,” Reedy said. “For us to come out and play in the manner that we did the next day against North Forney, it probably wasn’t our best match up. We still obviously did enough to win and frustrated them from a defensive perspective in the fact we only gave them 21 points.”