February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

End of the line for Redhawk volleyball

Addyson Schick
Volleyball season came to an end Tuesday, after the team lost in the third round of playoffs to Wakeland. “I was so so proud of them for what they did and fight all the way to the very end,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said.

In the fifth and final set, the Redhawks stood tied with Wakeland Tuesday 13-13 just two points away from being crowned Regional champions. But the Redhawks wouldn’t score again losing the fifth set 15-13 and the match 3-2.. 

“I was so so proud of them for what they did and fight all the way to the very end,” head coach Eighmy Dobbins said. “Obviously, it’s a bummer that it didn’t work out. You have two really good teams going against each other it could have gone either way.”

The Redhawks started the match down two sets, and were two points from being swept, before the team rallied to come back and win the third and fourth set. 

“How they were able to come back, In the beginning, it was tough to watch the first two sets,” Dobbins said. “I can’t believe we ended up playing like sets three through five. We were just able to turn it on.”

With Tuesday’s loss, senior MJ McCurdy’s high school volleyball career came to a close.

“I am so so sad,” McCurdy said. “This program has changed my life and I would not be who I am without it. I am so thankful for the people who I have met.”

For the girls returning next year, there will be a short break, and then it’s back to work.

“We’re gonna take the rest of this week and next week to do some player meetings and just chill,” Dobbins said. “And then after Thanksgiving break, we’ll get back to it.”