• The 2024-25 school year begins Aug. 12
  • Wingspan is on summer break until August

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/9 is varsity football player, sophomore Connor Johnson.
Featured Athlete: Connor Johnson
Neta Even, Guest Contributor

Wingspan: What position do you play in football? Johnson:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

View All
May 17 Daily Update
May 17 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • May 17, 2024

WTV's Ryan Shapiro, Karina Grokhovskaya, and Sadie Johnson bring you a few last words

Humanities students visit the Dallas Museum of Art

Students taking Humanities recently had the opportunity to visit the Dallas Museum of Art, to expose students to the struggles of art curation, which they will need to think about for their museum project.

“For the museum project we’re really focusing on trying to get our students to understand the current day challenges of museum creation,” Humanities teacher Sarah Wiseman said. “In the past students have just made a museum without thinking about that but now we’re really inviting them to think about the challenges of modern museum curation and the ethics behind that.”

Finding some things that could have been done differently, the curation of art in the Hinduism exhibit could have been better for sophomore Anagha Konuru.

“I liked the Asian exhibit, specifically the Hinduism exhibit,” Konuru said. “But I think they could’ve added some things that would have elevated it and made it an even better experience.”

The final museum project is set to be complete towards the end of the second quarter.