In this weekly blog, The Fresh Perspective, staff reporter Lea Garcia-Salazar talks about school opinions.
The Fresh Perspective: teacher burnout: a silent crisis in education
Lea Garcia-Salazar, Staff Reporter

Teachers are essential in our society; serving as educators,...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Girls’ basketball continued to learn over break

Addyson Schick
Girls’ basketball learned a lot over break playing in the Allen Hoopfest, Nike Showcase, and Feast Showcase. “I was disappointed in the results of the tournament,” sophomore Lilian Johnson said.

The girls’ basketball team had a busy break finishing up the Allen Hoopfest then moving on to play one game in the Nike Thanksgiving Hoopfest and in the Feast Showcase.

In the Allen Hoopfest the Redhawks did not place, frustrating sophomore Lilian Johnson. 

“I was disappointed in the results of the tournament,” she said. “We aren’t playing to our full potential yet. I learned that the little things matter and could determine the result of [a] game.”

In the Nike showcase, the Redhawks played second nationally ranked Etiwanda high school from California. Even though the team lost 55-45, senior Judy Aluga still thought the game was a special opportunity.

“Playing Etiwanda was a pretty unique experience,” Aluga said. “It was neat to see how they go about playing the game. I think it definitely benefits us by showing us how we compare to other nationally ranked teams.”

In the Feast Showcase, the Redhawks finished with another loss, losing 53-49 against La Vega high school.