March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Boys’ basketball takes on the Rangers

Addyson Schick
Coming back from Thanksgiving break, boys’ basketball is straight back to work taking on Jesuit Tuesday away. “We’re expecting to win,” sophomore Toshiro Mahtani said.

After a busy Thanksgiving break, the boys’ basketball team is set to travel and take on the Jesuit Rangers at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday.

Coming off a disappointing result at last week’s Lone Star Shootout, sophomore Toshiro Mahtani has high expectations for Tuesday’s game.

“We’re expecting to win,” Mahtani said. “They’re a tough team, but if we do the things we are supposed to on both ends, we can definitely win. The main thing is handling full court ball pressure and when we do that, then executing on offense.”

Sophomore Gilbert Aluga agrees as handling pressure is vital to improving from the team’s tournament showing.

“Offensively we’re getting pushed off our spots, so I think we need to work on handling pressure,” Aluga said.