February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and...

The Weekly: prom and princesses

February 26 Daily Update
February 26 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 26, 2024

Wingspan's Maya Silberman brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS applications, ceramics class, and English I project.

Redhawks boys’ basketball falls to the Rangers

Addyson Schick
Boys’ basketball traveled to Dallas on Tuesday to take on Jesuit, but could not soar over the Rangers. “I’m disappointed about last night’s game and how it ended up for us,” senior Emory Williams said.

Challenging themselves early in the season, the boys’ basketball team took on the 6A Dallas Jesuit Rangers on Tuesday, losing 75-22.

“I’m disappointed about last night’s game and how it ended up for us,” senior Emory Williams said. “We are a lot better than we played. I learned that we just have to be more disciplined and together as a team.”

With only one varsity player back from last year’s team, and a new coaching staff, the team is using its non-district schedule to develop chemistry. 

“We have so many young guys who don’t have varsity experience,” head coach Bruce Wright said. “Moving forward, I think it’s just about getting that experience and being able to hold each other up, hold each other accountable, and understand what we have to do better, both as a staff and as a team.”