March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Girls’ basketball beats nationally ranked team

Addyson Schick
Girls basketball defeats nationally ranked Desoto high school in neck and neck match. “Getting this win was really important for us because we had never beaten DeSoto before,” junior Kathryn Murphy said.

The Redhawks girls’ basketball team took on the #9 team in the nation DeSoto High School Thursday, but did not back down to the challenge as the Redhawks won in overtime 43-41.

“Getting this win was really important for us because we had never beaten DeSoto before,” junior Kathryn Murphy said. “I am beyond proud of my teammates and our determination to getting this win.”

Sophomore Jacy Abii put up 18 points in the game, making her a key player in the success.

“Honestly, at first, I didn’t even realize that I had that many points,” Abii said. “I was just in the moment of the game and trying to win. But when I realized that I had contributed that much, it made the win feel even deeper.”