The Weekly: spring fashion

For many people, a birthday is a yearly occasion. But for others, like drill team director Nicole Nothe (pictured), the event only comes once every 4 years: on Leap day.
Redhawks with Leap day birthdays get their chance to celebrate
Aditi Shah, WTV Staff Reporter

For certain people on campus, Thursday marks a very...

February 29 Daily Update
February 29 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • February 29, 2024

Wingspan's Haley Ward brings you today's news and announcements, including the varsity girls basketball team heading to state, leap day birthdays,...

Panthers conquer boys’ basketball

The+Redhawks+boys+basketball+team+took+on+the+4A+Panthers+on+Friday%2C+falling+to+the+team+in+the+end.+%E2%80%9CWe+showed+a+lot+of+growth%2C%E2%80%9D+head+coach+Bruce+Wright+said.+
Addyson Schick
The Redhawks boys’ basketball team took on the 4A Panthers on Friday, falling to the team in the end. “We showed a lot of growth,” head coach Bruce Wright said.

Taking on the Panther Creek Panthers on Friday, the boys’ basketball team fell 45-35.

“We showed a lot of growth,” head coach Bruce Wright said. “It was a step forward for what we’re trying to build on. It’s definitely not the destination, but it’s the beginning of what we feel like to be something special as long as we keep tacking on good days after it.”

Although the game ultimately did not go their way, senior Reuben Livingsten agrees that this game was a step in the right direction for the future of the team.

“Friday was a good learning experience for us,” Livingston said. “We showed that we are a team that can compete at a high level and we can have a really good season as long as we keep putting in the work.”