March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Another meet means another learning opportunity for wrestling

Courtesy of @RedhawksWrestle
The Redhawks wrestling did not get the results they were looking for Friday at the Rumble at the Rock. The girls team took 11th place, with the boys walking away with 38th place.

Redhawks Wrestling did not get quite the results they were hoping for during the Rumble at the Rock at Rockwall High School over the weekend, with the girls’ team finishing in 11th place and the boys taking 38th. Between the two teams, only sophomore Natalie Chen made the podium, finishing fourth.

“We didn’t place as high as we wanted to, but we fought pretty hard and did as well as we could,” sophomore Dani Banks said. “We do have lots of room for improvement and we just need to trust our coaches, do what we’ve learned and not what we saw [because] that never works.”

For head coach Justin Koons, the tournament serves as a check of the team’s progress this season.

“It was the hardest tournament by far this season so we knew going in it was going to be tough,” Koons said. “We went up against a lot of tough 6A teams as well as 5A teams and I think there were maybe five or six state champs at that tournament so it was pretty tough. I think we finished pretty well all things considered. We’re getting better every day, [but] we’ve got a lot of things to work on, and we’re coming up to about the halfway point of the season so we’re moving kind of fast and furious.”