March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Talons out as swim and dive heads to TISCA

Provided by @swimanddiveredhawks
After a strong season, the Redhawks swim and dive team is out to compete in the TISCA 5A Invitational Thursday. The Redhawks will send 20 athletes, in the hopes of advancing to the finals on Saturday.

The Redhawk swim and dive team has their sights set on strong finishes during the North Texas 5A TISCA Invitational at the Bruce Eubanks Natatorium starting Thursday. This year, the team will be sending a record-breaking 20 athletes to compete against more than 300 others.

“I feel pretty good overall,” head coach Zachariah Gnoza said. “We have had some great success already this year. This will let us know where we stand going into the break [and] give us a good look at what regionals will be like. I expect to see some fast races [because] we will have some of the fastest teams in the region this weekend and I just want the team to stay competitive.”

With the Redhawks going up against some tough competition, freshman Vir Gandhi is eager to see how he has improved since the start of the season in October.

“I want to try for faster times again and do better at controlling my energy,” Gandhi said.