March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Wrestling finds their wings

Wrestling+bounced+back+after+the+Rumble+at+the+Rock+on+Wednesday+when+they+took+on+Little+Elm+and+Dallas+Adamson.+%E2%80%9CWe+did+well+and+it+was+really+nice%2C%E2%80%9D+head+coach+Justin+Koons+said.+
Courtesy of @RedhawksWrestle
Wrestling bounced back after the Rumble at the Rock on Wednesday when they took on Little Elm and Dallas Adamson. “We did well and it was really nice,” head coach Justin Koons said.

Things fell into place for the Redhawks wrestling team as they took on Little Elm and Dallas Adamson at the Nest Wednesday. The girls’ team beat Little Elm 42-30 and Dallas Adamson 54-12. The boys lost to Little Elm 54-23, but bounced back to win against Dallas Adamson 54-12.

“We did well and it was really nice,” head coach Justin Koons said. “We had a lot of tough competition and came out on top. We need to continue working at the basics and continue to get better every day. It’s one of those deals where we’re getting better at the small things. If we mess up, it will hurt us, but we’re able to recover, so I’m excited and happy with the results.”

Similarly, junior Ace Schueler believes the results are an example of the team’s progress this season.

“The girls did really really good,” Schueler said. “We were pretty close against Little Elm, but we blew Dallas Adamson out of the water. The boys were doing OK the first time and the next time they did really well. I just need to work on my strength, but as a team we need to work on cheering each other on.”