March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

An action-packed weekend for wrestling

Courtesy of @RedhawksWrestle
Tournament weekend for Redhawks wrestling as the boys’ compete in the Varsity War Games, and the girls’ compete in the Texas Women’s Classic. “The Texas Women’s Classic is the biggest girls tournament in the state,” head coach Justin Koons said.

Following on the heels of Wednesday’s tri meet, the Redhawks wrestling team will split between boys and girls for two events on Saturday. The girls’ team will travel to Lewisville for the Texas Women’s Classic, while the boys’ team goes to Memorial for the Varsity War Games.

“The Texas Women’s Classic is the biggest girls’ tournament in the state,” head coach Justin Koons said. “It is really a great tournament because a lot of teams from around the state come and so it’s our best look at how we can stand out against them. I’m [also] excited for the War Games because we’ll see a lot of district competition, which allows us to see where we stand in that field.”

For junior Ace Schueler, the scale of the TWC is a little daunting, but that does not take away from her confidence.

“I know it’s going to be a really big tournament [and] really hard, but I think our girls are going to kill this one,” Schueler said.