Volleyballerz gives guys their Powderpuff moment

With AP testing preventing practice on campus, the volleyballerz players utilized the gym at Reedy High.

provided by Brandon Steele

Arman Kafai, Lead Sports Reporter

Student Council is adding a twist to the annual Powderpuff events. Volleyballerz will be taking place Friday in the gym starting at 4:45 p.m. The free event was the brainchild of senior Brandon Steele, who wanted to do something different, in addition to the usual Powderpuff football game.

“A bunch of volleyball players had the idea thrown around, and I personally wanted to do something that was reverse Powderpuff,” Steele said. “The two ideas merged, and the Volleyballerz idea came to life.”

The event will involve girls’ coaching the boys’, who will be playing volleyball. The role reversal is a delight to the girls, as they are excited to see the boys’ attempt to play.

“I’m so pumped for the game,” senior Breanna Kushnersky said. “The boys seem seem to be really excited and I can’t wait to watch them make a fool out of themselves. Coaching the guys is fun and I love that they have to listen to us since we are in charge.”

Steele hopes Volleyballerz will be an annual event, and one that will be as successful as Powderpuff.

“Volleyball’s a lot of fun,” Steele said. “A bunch of the guys play sand volleyball, so we had a little bit of experience playing. It’ll be fun.”