March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Mavericks challenge Redhawks soccer

Addyson Schick
Following a tough loss to Independence last Friday, the girls’ soccer team was not able to turn it around, losing to Emerson 2-0 on Tuesday. However, the boys’ team was able to find success against the Mavericks, winning 2-0.

Taking on the Emerosn Mavericks on Tuesday, the boys’ soccer team started a two-game win streak after defeating the Mavericks 2-0. The girls had the opposite result, losing to the Mavericks 2-0.

“Emerson is definitely one of the better teams, so it was a nice feeling beating them,” sophomore Joey Med said. “We just need to build off of this win, looking into Friday’s game.”

Even though another loss on the girls’ side, head coach Kyle Beggs thinks their time will come soon.

“You know we are playing well, just being a little unlucky you know getting the ball in scoring positions just not scoring goals,” he said. “Defending well, just eventually you’re gonna make mistakes and it’s whether or not the other team capitalizes on them. You know I think we’re playing well, and it’s coming soon just been a little unlucky.”