March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Wrestling hits the mat to take on the region’s best

Nick Smith
Eight of the Redhawks best wrestlers will be heading to Independence Friday and Saturday to compete in the 5A-Regional meet. “I’m excited and I feel ready,” freshman Angel Machiri said

Eight Redhawk wrestlers – six girls and two boys –  are headed to the 5A Regional meet Friday and Saturday at Independence High School with hopes of advancing to state.

“I’m excited and I feel ready,” freshman Angel Machiri said. “It’s going to be a fun competition for me since I’m going against a lot of the district champs, so it’ll be interesting to see how that goes. It’s going to come down to how badly our players want it because we’ve been working towards this all year.”

Assistant coach Liam Hayes has a similar point of view, seeing desire as a key motivator for his teams.

“All the hard work the kids have been putting in all year [will] get put to the test,” Hayes said. “The tournament will be intense [because]  the best wrestlers in the area will all be gathered to compete and see who deserves to punch their ticket to the state tournament. The matches are going to be close, and there’s no messing around at this point. It will come down to the athlete’s mentality and the kind of work they’ve put in this season.”