• Advisory is closed for the final three weeks of school

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

May 2 Daily Update
May 2 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • May 2, 2024

WTV's Sadie Johnson brings you today's news and announcements, including NHS voting, UIL academics, and this week's edition of My Life As.

Race continues for Redhawks track and field

• Competing in the District 10-5A track meet, the Redhawks put up top finishes with many athletes advancing to the Area Meet.

• Pictured athletes Brayden King, Evan Bullitt, AJ Jones, and Tennison Byrne take a picture after placing 3rd in the 4×4.

• After a long day, the girls’ track and field team lines up for a photo.

• Brayden King steps onto the podium to receive his medal after a 2nd place finish in the 300 meter hurdles.

• Girls’ track and field stretches it out before competing in the district competition.

• Smiles all around from Delaney Davidson, Laya Mallina, Chelsea Ross, Ellyan Robins the 4×4 team after placing 3rd.

After many top finishes in the District 10-5A track and field competition, the race continues for some Redhawks.

“I was really pleased with how the girls competed at the district championship,” head girls’ coach Khera Vay said. “They ran PRs, [and] they competed hard. I was really impressed with how they handled themselves and how they competed.”

Both the boys’ and girls’ teams qualified multiple students to the Area Meet including 3rd place high jumper, junior Mackenzie Raymond.

“It feels great to advance,” Raymond said. “There was a five way tie for first place so there was a lot of pressure on everyone [because we had to re-jump], but I’m glad that I’m able to advance.”

The Area Meet is on Wednesday against the top finishers of District 9-5A. To do well in Area junior runner Sofia Golladay says there is still a lot to work on.

“Since the competition gets harder and more competitive at Area I think we need to work on improving our times even more so we can qualify for regionals,” Golladay said.