• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

View All
April 30 Daily Update
April 30 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • April 30, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including, GT AP exam prep, pre calculus, and today's sports.

District to recognize girls’ basketball team

After+winning+their+second+straight+state+championship+in+San+Antonio+on+March+2%2C+the+girls+basketball+team+is+being+recognized+by+the+Frisco+ISD+Board+of+Trustees+at+Tuesdays+6%3A30+p.m.+board+meeting.+
Addyson Schick
After winning their second straight state championship in San Antonio on March 2, the girls’ basketball team is being recognized by the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees at Tuesday’s 6:30 p.m. board meeting.

The accolades and honors continue for the girls’ basketball team more than a month after the team won its second straight state championship as the Frisco ISD Board of Trustees is recognizing the Redhawks at Tuesday’s 6:30 p.m. April meeting.

“I’m glad for our game because it’s something that, you know, as it increases in popularity and gets, you know, NCAA basketball, even WNBA basketball is kind of on the uptick,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “And so, know, I’m just really proud that, you know, whatever small part that our kids get to play in that, you know, that it gets recognized and that they get to do it because our kids are really you know, they’re doing their best. And, you know, hopefully people see what they’ve accomplished is, you know, something special.”

For Dallas Morning News Player of the Year sophomore Jacy Abii, the team’s championship helped set a new level of expectations in Frisco ISD.

“We’re just setting a bar that, like, is really meaningful for anybody in our district,” Abii said. “I think that, you know, it’s just like putting girls on the map, not only like as girls, but as girls who play basketball and just showing that, you know, I mean, it’s not easy, but we could do it, too.