• The 2024-25 school year begins Aug. 12
  • Wingspan is on summer break until August

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/9 is varsity football player, sophomore Connor Johnson.
Featured Athlete: Connor Johnson
Neta Even, Guest Contributor

Wingspan: What position do you play in football? Johnson:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

May 17 Daily Update
May 17 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • May 17, 2024

WTV's Ryan Shapiro, Karina Grokhovskaya, and Sadie Johnson bring you a few last words

Learning about future possibilities through a mock career fair

provided by Chris Ham
A mock career fair was part of the learning in eSports classes as students were able to get an understanding of possible future careers.

In the Esports class, students participated in a mock career fair to “hire” other students to related careers to help students learn about the different roles in the industry and so students can pick which one they like best. 

“I normally teach the different careers in Esports so I was hoping that students would understand the different careers and that they would engage once they explain it to one another and also experience hosting a mock career fair,” Esports teacher Mykaela Alfred said.

Esports students walked around the classroom, visiting different stations and having other students present to them their presentation about the career they are hiring for.

“I think it’s a great way to find out about Esports related careers and to learn more about what those careers do and the requirements to be hired,” junior Ethan Jones said.

At the end of the presentations, each group then voted for their favorite presentation, with the winners receiving a prize of candy.

“I like it because it gives people the chance to be creative and explore with career ideas that they could do either by themselves or with a friend,” junior Jason Castro said.

Alfred was happy with the results of the fair, declaring it a successful project.

“I think it was [a success,]  allowing students to be able to present to each other and show them their presentations and go through not only the jobs but what the jobs can offer, how much they’re paid, and then letting students have a little bit of creativity as far as creating benefits and bonuses and stuff like that,” Alfred said. “I think it was a success and shined more like on the careers in general.”