CTE Hub nights continue

The CTE Center will be holding weekly informational meetings for students and parents interested in the programs there.

Megan Lin, Editor-in-chief

The CTE Center is holding its second informational meeting Monday evening from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for students and parents to learn more about the programs available.

“Our goal is to provide students with authentic and rigorous learning experiences to help them prepare for the future,” CTE Principal Dianna Manuel said. “Students can get a jump start on a future career through course work, internships and opportunities to earn college credit, or they may discover a certain field is not the right path for them, ultimately saving the time and money that can come with changing majors in college or career fields when they get older.”

Hub Nights are 5:30-6:30 p.m. every Monday until mid-November. Tonight’s Programs of Study include health science, pharmacy, medical microbiology, and pathophysiology.
The next night is October 3rd, with the highlights being law enforcement and corrections, 911 emergency dispatch, forensic science, and legal studies/mock trial.

For more information contact CTE counselor Kelly Hemenway at hemenwayk@friscoisd.org.