• Color Guard continue through Thursday

A&M highlights admissions process

Caitlyn Kleibert

Caitlyn Kleibert, WTV Staff Reporter

The auditorium was the site of a Texas A&M admission information session for parents and seniors to provide information on the application process.  

“Aggie Night in Frisco is really intended for students and parents to learn about the application process at Texas A&M University,” A&M Regional Advisor Chris Hilario said. “I really kind of see where they stand when it comes to admissions and what they really need to work on pretty much from this point forward. pretty much the focus will be on seniors definitely relative information for juniors, sophomores, and freshmen as well.”  

Other main points covered were scholarships and how to get admitted with three groups of students they look at for admission.

For the first group if you are in the top 10 percent you are automatically admitted. The second group is if you are in the top 25 percent and have a 1300 on your SAT for the cumulative score for reading and math. The final group of students is if they are just short of the required standards for rank and SAT scores, but they focus more on extracurriculars, such as clubs and sports, and their leadership skills.

“We started with the academics, talking about all the majors we do offer at our university with over 110 degrees to chose from,” Hilario said. “We had someone here with the Corps Cadets, our larger student organization on campus. Then we focused on application and admission process at our university and then finished off a little with financial aid.”  

Caitlyn Kleibert, WTV Daily Update Producer
Caitlyn Kleibert has been in broadcast for four years and is the Daily Update Producer. She is a senior and loves singing, journalism, and food. Kleibert hopes to go to Texas A&M and major in business and journalism. She enjoys watching the Dallas Cowboys and playing basketball. Even though she hopes to get into journalism,...